Moving On, London

Tel: +44 (0) 207 336 8882

Tenancy Fees

Lettings Terms & Conditions

Agency Fee

To cover the cost of administration of the tenancy and referencing of tenant(s) we charge £150 per tenant inc of VAT

Check-In Fee
We use an independent inventory company to carry out a Check-In and Check-Out service on all properties (if the landlord wishes to use this service). The cost of a check-in and check-out are identical and can vary from £108 (including VAT) to £240 (including VAT) dependent on the size of property and the amount of furnishings in the property and is payable per tenancy (not per tenant). Unless otherwise agreed the tenant pays for the check-in and the landlord for the check-out.

Early Termination
Should a joint tenant wish to leave before the end of the fixed term and the landlord agrees to this then a suitable replacement tenant has to be found. An administration fee of £150 will be charged in advance for any variation to the existing agreement that this requires.
Should the tenant(s) wish to terminate the tenancy earlier than the tenancy agreement permits and the landlord agrees to this they will be responsible for the repayment of the pro rata commission paid in advance by the landlord for the unexpired portion of the tenancy.

Other Fees
Moving On also work with other agents who may have their own administration procedures and fees. This can mean that the costs vary from those detailed above. Details of these fees are available upon request, but please be assured that if these fees apply then you will not be liable to pay any fees to us.

The first instalment of rent must be paid in cleared funds when you sign the tenancy agreement. Thereafter, rent is payable by standing order (unless agreed otherwise) to arrive on the due date as stated in the tenancy agreement.

A deposit equivalent to six weeks rent must be paid in cleared funds when you sign the tenancy agreement and will be registered with a deposit protection scheme by the landlord or where applicable by Moving On, on the landlord’s behalf.

We will ask for references based on the details you have given us. It includes photo ID, eg a passport, and evidence of your right to remain in the UK to have the ‘Right to Rent’ in England.

It is your responsibility to insure your belongings during the tenancy.

Utilities and Council Tax
You will be responsible to pay for any usage of electricity, gas, water and telephone and for council tax.